The vice president of revenue is an important high-level position in any broadcast or digital marketing company, as he or she works across different departments and ensures the company’s sales goals are met. This VP of revenue job description example can help in your search for qualified talent.
Defining the Role
This is a good summary to start off the description:
The vice president of revenue will report to the company’s CEO and be responsible for all revenue-generating processes. This role will own and build company revenue growth and marketplace related KPIs. Both of these metrics will be driven by the individual’s ability to shape teams, create processes and produce frameworks that align the customer’s experience with the company’s revenue goals.
- Manage local account executives with the goal of meeting/exceeding station revenue, prospecting and new business targets.
- Oversee advertising sales activities in the assigned market; accountable for achieving/exceeding targeted advertising sales revenues for the market and for controlling sales expenses.
- Work in partnership with peers across departments to define, design and deliver on change management, quarterly OKRs and strategies to achieve agreed-upon business goals.
- Drive results through others, manage team performance and hold the team accountable against business metrics.
- Translate market and station business strategies into specific actions to generate sales and revenue.
- Direct sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships.
- Set sales goals and guide subsequent goal-setting processes.
- Prepare budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Obtain, allocate and adjust operations resources to achieve sales and service goals.
- Oversee the management of available advertising inventory to drive the most profitable sales.
- Meet with key accounts.
- Recruit, hire and ensure ongoing training and development of account executives.
- May review and adjust sales territories, product mix targets and assigned call lists.
- May direct other functions such as marketing, advertising, production, traffic and sales operations.
- Strong understanding of broadcasting, marketing, promotion and collection standards.
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities.
- Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices.
- Deep understanding of local markets, customers and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales.
- Adept at creating productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize and multitask.
- Can push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent business and people decision-making skills.
- Can model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines and financial pressures.
- Flexible and creative.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others.
If your company needs to hire a vice president of revenue, use this VP of revenue job description to recruit the best candidate.