This mobile messaging case study shows how Connoisseur Media used Marketron Mobile Messaging to grow K98.3’s mobile club through a “Grab Your Bag” sweepstakes.
Entity: Connoisseur Media | Market: Long Island, NY
- To grow the station’s mobile club, which they use to set appointment listening by announcing contest opportunities on a weekly basis
- K98.3 gave away designer handbags to excited listeners as part of the station’s big contest.
- K98.3 partnered with a local retail establishment, Lord & Taylor, and included bags by top designers such as Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Lucky Brand, Cole Haan and Louis Vuitton.
- Over a span of four weeks in October, the station enticed listeners to text code words, three times each weekday, to 30218 as an entry method.
- They used live and pre-recorded on-air promos, messages to the station mobile club, social media postings and email database marketing.
Call to Action
- “Here’s your chance to win a Michael Kors bag. Text the word ‘phone’ to 67664 for your chance to win. It’s Grab Your Bag from K98.3!”
Measurement of Success
- 13,604 text entries received
- The mobile club grew by an additional 27% (more than 1,300 new joins).