This mobile messaging case study shows how Express used Marketron Mobile Messaging to promote special offers that would generate more in-store purchases.
- Express used mobile to launch a digital version of the company’s annual Passbook of Savings campaign.
Call to Action
- Customers opted in via a landing page to receive up to eight MMS messages throughout the promotion.
- The Express marketing team promoted this digital marketing initiative in stores and online, directing customers to subscribe with their smartphones.
Measurement of Success
- 16% of customers went on to make a purchase after receiving an SMS message.
- 35% of customers went on to make a purchase after receiving an MMS message.
- This Express campaign demonstrates a key benefit of SMS and MMS, which is the opt-in. By driving customers to subscribe, Express can use the scope and immediacy of mobile coupons to drive customers into stores, where they will redeem promotions and buy additional apparel.
- Note also the importance of launching a promotion across a brand’s portfolio of marketing assets. By promoting mobile across online, print and social, customers will see value and develop trust, which greatly increases ROI.