This mobile messaging case study shows how Arby’s used Marketron Mobile Messaging to grow its text-alert database through a broadcast and in-store promotion.
Entity: Arby’s | Market: Denver, CO
- To promote the relaunch of the original classic roast beef sandwich among adults and to grow the Arby’s text-alert database
- A promotion called March Money Madness, which played on the popular March Madness theme. Listeners were encouraged to text a keyword to Arby’s for the chance to win $1,000. Texters received a bounce-back inviting them to join the text-alert club to receive future special offers. In order to get the keyword, listeners were instructed to visit Arby’s and purchase a classic roast beef sandwich. (A disclaimer stated that no purchase was necessary.)
- Listeners could also visit the station’s website for more information on the promotion.
- Vinyl stand-ups were placed in-store at participating Arby’s locations to promote the program as well.
Call to Action
- “Get into Arby’s, get the keyword and text it to 27297 by midnight on Friday for your chance at $1,000 every week in March. New winner each week. It’s March Money Madness at Arby’s!”
Measurement of Success
- Arby’s was pleased that nearly 2,000 new subscribers joined its text-alert database during the four-week promotion.