If you’re hiring an account executive for your small or medium-sized business (SMB), you’ll need someone with strong skills and experience. Before you post it on job boards, check out this account executive SMB job description example.
Defining the Role
This is a good summary to start off the description:
We’re looking for a digital-savvy, highly motivated, integrated sales professional to join our team selling marketing solutions to local businesses in the metro and state areas. The ideal candidate will understand how to set and achieve goals, and new business development will be the cornerstone of his or her success. If you have a passion for selling integrated media solutions and possess excellent presentation and closing skills, we need to meet.
- Expand local sales by developing and maintaining new advertisers through solution-based programs that include digital and traditional media and events.
- Perform ongoing high-level prospecting for ideal customers, creating valid business reasons to get appointments and conducting effective customer needs analyses.
- Create and deliver successful client presentations in person or by phone/web demos.
- Develop solid prospecting systems for short- and long-range plans for revenue growth.
- Provide superior customer experience.
- Perform other job-related functions as required.
- Aptitude for strong prospecting, qualifying and closing business.
- Ability to develop trust and relationships easily with clients and support staff.
- Strong problem-solving skills, high courage, business acumen, high motivation to win and tireless work intensity.
- Demonstrated success with creating custom digital and integrated campaigns.
- Desire to help advertisers with their marketing challenges.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and state-mandated automobile insurance.
- Ability to travel and work long hours.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of three years of digital/integrated media sales experience of any kind and a proven track record of success.
When you need to hire an account executive for your SMB, use this job description example to attract the right candidates.