A graphic designer can be a great addition to a broadcast and digital marketing agency team. Recruiting for this role can be challenging since you need someone with specific skillsets. To help you with your posting, we created this graphic designer job description example.
Defining the Role
This is a good summary to start off the description:
We are looking for a creative thinker to design digital and traditional media campaigns to serve our wide range of clients. We are seeking an individual that is strategic, creative and extremely organized. The right candidate also needs to be a team player who can collaborate with our creative team, sales members, developers, media coordinators, planners/strategists, success managers, clients and third-party partners.
[Company] is a full-service digital ad agency focused on digital marketing solutions. Our goal is to help business owners successfully navigate through an ever-changing digital landscape and achieve their top marketing initiatives.
The graphic designer is an innovative and thoughtful member of the team who is both goal-oriented and passionate about his or her work. This person is a professional who can help create, communicate and execute on an organizational strategy, collaborate with others to meet deadlines and foster an innovative design approach in a fast-paced, complex environment.
The graphic designer brings “the voice” of our clients to life by developing creative concepts and designs for marketing campaigns that delight our clients and create engagement with their potential customers. Ultimately, he or she should be able to understand and translate rough client ideas and concepts into ad designs to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency and positive customer experiences.
- Develop engaging ad concepts with compelling creative for both traditional and digital media campaigns, adapting creative to fit varying platforms and applications.
- Collaborate with team members to concept, design, execute and evaluate creative brand strategies and deliverables that support each organization’s priorities and goals.
- Ensure consistency of brand look throughout all communications while ensuring the quality of all assets is aligned with artwork specifications/standards.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, while able to follow directions.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work under pressure without compromising performance or accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Help with quality control, including troubleshooting, double-checking of work and proofreading.
- Stay current with design and marketing trends, industry developments and visual styles.
- One to three years of graphic design experience, preferably with a digital agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communication design, visual arts or related field(s).
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Highly creative, out-of-the-box thinking that leads to marketable and strategic visual solutions.
- Excellent graphic design and visual creation skills from the first mockup, through client proposals, to final deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with clients, co-workers and outside vendors.
- Self-driven, inspired, motivated and flexible — someone who takes pride in their work but understands the need to meet client goals and expectations.
- Ability to learn new skills and emerging technologies quickly.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Solid understanding of digital production techniques, including HTML5.
- Proficiency in WordPress, CSS3 and email marketing systems is a plus.
- Adapt, multitask and manage several projects at once.
- Maintain and continue to grow communication, strategic and creative skills.
- Deliver clear, effective communication, and listen openly to others.
- Be solution-driven, highly creative and able to improvise.
- Display a passion for storytelling through visuals and a desire to push the envelope and innovate.
With this graphic design job description, you have a great start on finding the best and most talented fit for your organization.