Hiring an account executive for an agency is different than hiring one for an SMB. For insight into what responsibilities and qualifications the candidate should have, take a look at this account executive agency job description example.
Defining the Role
This is a good summary to start off the description:
The person in this role identifies and develops new business opportunities, keeps and grows existing client relationships, focuses on agency business and offers solutions that help clients achieve their business goals. He or she closes business and meets a set sales target.
- Identify and solicit new business; build and maintain a full pipeline of sales prospects.
- Service and grow relationships in existing base of clients.
- Identify client/agency needs, and develop persuasive proposals to meet needs and opportunities.
- Deliver effective sales presentations.
- Steer clients based on the market, platform and station information.
- Maintain client communication and ensure client satisfaction.
- Monitor competition to continually find new account leads.
- Negotiate rates based on budgets.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue.
- Ensure prompt payments.
- Follow all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues and submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis.
- Create effective marketing campaigns in cooperation with resources.
- Generate revenue and meet/exceed established sales targets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms.
- Adept at prospecting and using effective consultative selling principles and practices.
- Strong client service relationship-building skills.
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Negotiation and closing proficiency.
- Persuasive communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
- Independent, self-motivated, competitive and assertive
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Understanding of market dynamics, including demographics.
- Stress tolerance, especially with tight deadlines and financial pressures.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Professional appearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
When you need to hire an account executive for your agency, this job description can be a good starting point to help you find the right candidate.