This mobile messaging case study shows how Saga Communications used Marketron Mobile Messaging to grow its mobile listener database through a text-to-win cash contest.
Entity: Saga Communications
- Saga Communications owns and operates stations in 26 markets across the United States. With 61 FM stations, 30 AM stations, three statewide radio networks, two farm radio networks and nine television stations, Saga is one of the country’s leading broadcasters.
- Marketron worked with Saga Interactive, which is responsible for leading all properties into multiple interactive platforms, including mobile. Saga Interactive wanted to further grow and monetize listenership for its collective cash contest in which listeners were given a chance to win $1,000 twice daily during weekdays in April.
- Prior to using Marketron Mobile Messaging, Saga had traditionally executed collective contests via phone dial-in by a station’s listener. This method did not allow true insight into listener participation levels and the ability to capture listener information. Saga Interactive and 31 radio properties leveraged the Marketron platform to execute their collective cash contest via text-to-win. Example: “Listen for the Coast 93.1 keyword to cash, your chance at $1,000!”
Measurement of Success
By engaging listeners to text into the collective contest campaigns, Saga was able to capture listener information and build a mobile database of listeners to whom they can re-market in the future.
- More than 3.3 million text entries
- More than 178,000 new listeners added to stations’ mobile databases
- Nearly 934,000 total unique entries
- Overall collective station mobile database growth of 60%