This mobile messaging case study shows how National Wholesale Liquidators used Marketron Mobile Messaging to drive in-store visits and purchases through discount offerings.
Entity: National Wholesale Liquidators | Market: Multiple
- National Wholesale Liquidators wanted to grow its mobile database and drive traffic into its 12 stores.
- To do this, National Wholesale Liquidators advertised its new mobile marketing campaign in-store, online and in its print advertising.
- National Wholesale Liquidators offered $5 off any purchase over $25 when a customer joined its mobile club.
Call to Action
- “Text ‘nwl’ to 77000 to join our mobile club and get 20% off a purchase of $25 or more at National Wholesale Liquidators.”
Measurement of Success
- The retailer was able to build a mobile subscriber database of 50,000 customers.
- Customers with the text message promotion spent 80% more at National Wholesale Liquidators than customers who didn’t receive the promotion.
- More specifically, customers who received the text message offer spent an average of $45 at this retailer, while customers who didn’t receive the text message offer only spent $25.