This mobile messaging case study shows how a Harley-Davidson dealership used Marketron Mobile Messaging to successfully build brand awareness and increase sales through a holiday promotion.
Entity: Local Dealership | Market: Large
- To maintain its visibility with current customers and add new customers and revenue through a holiday promotion
- The dealership ran a promotion for the 12 days of Christmas, where Harley-Davidson’s mobile club members received daily alerts offering a 20% discount on a different product for each of the 12 days preceding Christmas.
- Prior to this campaign, the dealership had used its mobile club to increase customer awareness of the merchandise inventory and to draw more customers into the store through events and promotions.
Call to Action
- Harley-Davidson mobile club membership was promoted through social media, in-store marketing and previous customers of the dealership.
- Consumers were encouraged to text the keyword “rt66” to 55678 to be the first to know about Harley product news, events and promotions.
Measurement of Success
- While the campaign was live, the dealership saw a 250% increase in in-store traffic and a 16% increase in leather jacket sales over the previous week.
- On Helmet Day, the number of helmets sold with the 20% discount equaled the number sold for the entire previous week.