A digital strategist is a critical role that supports sales efforts around digital advertising opportunities. To fill such an important position, start by reviewing this digital strategist job description example.
Defining the Role
This is a good summary to start off the description:
We’re looking for a self-starter, energetic, passionate and experienced digital strategist to support sales. The primary responsibility of this role is to take the lead in executing best-in-class, strategic media plans that deliver against client objectives, resulting in high rates of retention and new business growth.
Working closely with sales, as well as strategic marketing, sales operations, research, product, editorial, digital and activation, the digital strategist will work to ensure that campaigns and plans are strategically developed, executed, optimized and measured. This includes making sure that all pre- and post-sale processes that involve media are seamlessly adhered to, including plan development, order entry, traffic and billing.
- Handle campaign execution, optimization and reporting of digital media campaigns.
- Collaborate with partners and sales representatives on proposal development and presentations.
- Work closely with the ad ops team to review and analyze campaign results.
- Help oversee a team of campaign managers whose role is to provide strategic planning support across all media channels from pre-sale to post-sale.
- Achieve a thorough understanding of all internal systems to respond to client requests.
- Participate in internal brainstorming sessions.
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three years of digital media experience at a publisher and/or ad agency.
- Bonus points for audio experience.
- Experience responding to media RFPs from advertising agencies and/or media clients.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with good knowledge of web analytics and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing the digital campaign process from plan creation to campaign optimization based on analytics.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with revolving deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
With this digital strategist job description, your organization can find the best candidate for the job.