Having a great digital team is crucial for delivering optimized campaigns that drive results for your advertisers. If you’re building your team, this digital coordinator job description can help you find the best candidate.
Defining the Role
This is a good summary to start off the description:
This is the ideal role for a high-caliber marketing professional with significant success in project/campaign management and fulfillment who is looking to join a growing digital business. As a digital coordinator, you will be responsible for managing the creation and successful implementation of campaign activities across a wide range of platforms, including email and web. Responsibilities also include optimizing marketing campaigns across multiple products and systems, processing digital sales orders, uploading creative and monitoring programs to make sure campaigns are running properly.
- Account management: Work directly with sales and digital clients to support their needs, and communicate client expectations to the fulfillment and trafficking teams.
- Project management: Track timelines and due dates for deliverables, reviews and approval for campaign launches.
- Campaign management: Understand, customize and optimize the entire campaign management process to include new campaign requirements, development tests, production execution and quality control.
- Verification of account executive paperwork: Ensure all orders have been coded correctly for various billing and fulfillment systems. Make any necessary changes or fixes to the orders before preparing them for approval.
- Continuity with production: Ensure all online ads are being worked on and that deadlines are met, so the client schedule can run on time.
- Working knowledge of digital inventory: Understand the current and projected sellout levels of the ETM sites.
- Campaign monitoring: Ensure all campaigns are hitting the promised impressions goals and spots during their flights. Adjust priority levels as appropriate. Alert digital DOS of any anticipated problems, and be prepared with suggested solutions.
- Campaign reporting: At month end and/or campaign end, prepare performance reporting for digital campaigns, and present results to the client with the account executive.
- Client communication: Work directly with the client to ensure that campaign execution and performance meet their standards.
- Minimum one year of experience working with digital marketing campaigns.
- Logical, process-oriented person who effectively and strategically contributes to campaigns.
- Highly analytical and creative thinker who is comfortable working with ambiguity and is genuinely passionate about data and analytics.
- Professional demeanor; comfortable presenting to and interacting directly with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate in various team environments with dynamic priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Quick-witted; understands and offers solutions regarding various responsibilities.
- Understanding of general digital marketing terms and tactics (SEM, SEO, targeted display, social media).
Use this digital coordinator job description as the framework for recruiting for this essential position.