Digital advertising initiatives require talented teams. A campaign manager is one of the most important, as they work with clients. Check out this campaign manager job description example for help with recruiting for this role.
Defining the Role
This is a good summary to start off the description:
We are an established company with a start-up mentality, ahead of the curve on interactive online advertising, and we are looking for a campaign manager who can be the face of our company to our clients. You will be handling client calls, setting timelines and managing requests.
- Handle end-to-end campaign management, from timeline management, campaign setup and delivery of ad files/ad tags through to troubleshooting and reporting.
- Implement third-party tracking, such as DFA or Atlas, on behalf of agency partners.
- Build out comprehensive decision trees (delivery rules) per client strategy.
- Liaise regularly with internal teams, as well as creative agencies, media buyers, publishers and media owners, to ensure smooth delivery of all aspects of the campaign.
- Take a proactive lead in understanding potential problem areas, and ensure they are avoided or resolved.
- Troubleshoot creative, site tagging and tracking issues that may arise throughout the process.
- Identify process inefficiencies and ways to improve operations workflow.
- Provide monthly reports to the internal finance team, and work with clients or sales managers to actualize billing when applicable.
- Minimum two to three years of experience in a client-facing role at an internet publishing company, interactive creative agency or internet media buyer agency.
- Experience with ad serving platforms would be a bonus, particularly third-party ad serving tools such as DoubleClick, DFP and Sizmek.
- Highly autonomous, self-directed and independent in both work and learning, with a desire to quickly digest and develop new skills.
- Proven customer service experience and excellent communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Effective time management and planning skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in being able to take on new campaigns and advertisers with little notice or training.
- Proven experience as a positive and helpful team member who actively contributes toward the team’s common goals.
- Familiarity with web inspection tools such as Fiddler, Charles and Ghoster.
This campaign manager job description is a good starting point for your search to find a talented contributor.