June is the start of warmer, longer days and vacations and adventures. It’s also a time when advertisers push new messaging, products and solutions to meet consumer needs. It can often be tricky to come up with new ideas, but national days are a great inspiration. Check out these June national day campaign ideas!
June Month-Long Celebrations
June is the month for many revelries, some of which align very well with your target advertisers.
Men’s Health Month
Various advertisers will want to target men and their physical and mental well-being. From health food stores to fitness centers and day spas, there are many opportunities.
- Promotions and bundles: Talk to advertisers about using the month to create special deals for spa treatments, fitness assessments or supplements. These can run simultaneously on TV, radio and video. Throw in email marketing campaigns, as well, to target known customers.
- Get fit challenges: Create a campaign around consumers showing off how they’re getting fit and healthy. Announce the competition on linear and digital advertising channels and on social media. You can even use a custom hashtag. At the end of the month, your advertisers can pick a winner. Everyone who opted in will have provided their email address, giving your clients a way to communicate with them.
National Camping and Great Outdoors Month
Camping has always been an American pastime. It’s great for friends, families, couples and groups across all demographics. In addition to National Camping Month, June is National Great Outdoors Month. There are so many ways to tie these into campaigns.
You could approach local outdoor supply stores, regional attractions tied to nature, or any other retailer that sells products needed for these activities. Here are some ad ideas:
- Pitch a camping package giveaway that you can advertise across all channels. This concept would work well by bringing advertisers together from both segments. They can split the costs and get more impressions. Those who enter will need to provide their contact information, which advertisers could then use for SMS marketing campaigns.
- Feature aspirational ads that showcase fun in the great outdoors. These are perfect for video display ads or OTT/CTV.
- Create a must-have list for everything people need for camping and hiking. Advertisers can provide a promo to “stock up” before the big adventure. Recommend these on social media, display, email marketing and mobile messaging.
June National Days: Moments Throughout the Month to Celebrate
National days are a great way to spark ad ideas when they correlate with what your advertiser sells or offers. Here are some great picks:
- National Doughnut Day (June 2): Of course, there’s a day to celebrate doughnuts! To get new and existing customers in the door, bakeries and coffee shops will want to capitalize on this day with BOGOs (buy one, get one) or other discounts. Use geofencing ads to draw nearby shoppers. Also, consider social media ads, email marketing and mobile messaging.
- National Cancer Survivors Day (June 4): Encourage your advertisers to celebrate people who beat cancer. A portion of sales from the day could go to a cancer charity. Announce it via radio ads and email marketing.
- National Running Day (June 7): Runners have a strong culture. For many, it’s about more than exercise. Video or display ads that focus on specialty products for runners could correlate to more sales. Use targeting options to find the right audience.
- National Rosé Day (June 10): Rosé is the “it” drink of summer. Wine bars, restaurants and beverage shops will want to celebrate this day, and so will consumers. Ads for specials on bottles could be a great way to get people into spaces to share a glass with a friend or two.
- National Eat Your Vegetables Day (June 17): Contrary to popular culture, many people love their veggies! This day is a natural fit for restaurants that could promote vegetable entrées at a special price for the day.
- National Splurge Day (June 18): This day gives people permission to indulge a little extra. The right ad might be enough to persuade someone to pull the trigger on that leather bag they’ve been eyeing. A restaurant might want to run ads featuring decadent desserts and reminding people that the calories don’t count on splurge day. Your advertisers can use email marketing to entice current customers. Other tactics that would be effective include social media and radio.
- First Day of Summer (June 21): Summer officially arrives in June. It’s the longest day of the year, and your clients can use that to their advantage. Offer ideas on special promotions that are good until the sun goes down. Share these via OTT, radio, TV and display ads. Additionally, advertisers like auto dealerships, salons and other retailers may want to start summer-ready offers for car servicing, highlights or a summer wardrobe.
- Social Media Day (June 30): Social Media Day is when your advertisers can thank their communities on these platforms. It’s also a chance to get new followers by pushing out branded messaging via display ads, SMS or email. They could make it even more exciting for their community by choosing multiple followers and sending them some branded merchandise.
Celebrate June National Days with Creative Ad Ideas
Pitching these June national day campaign ideas is another way to ensure your advertisers know they can count on you to deliver creative promotions. The best way to get your clients to see the power of advertising is for your campaigns to look nothing like ads. With these concepts, consumers will appreciate the charm of the message, and your advertisers could see substantial ROI.